State

Fire Spark Scare At Sishu Bhawana:Probe ordered

Cuttack;Nov 29;The Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) of Sishu Bhawan on Sunday caught fire causing heavy damage to the ward.

The fire broke out on Sunday morning due to a short circuit. There were 22 newborns in the NICU but they were immediately shifted to other wards.

An eyewitness said, "While crossing the Sishu Bhawan building, I saw the fire coming out of a window near oxygen tank. Immediately I called for help and shifted new born babies to the old ward."

Meanwhile, Cuttack district collector NC Mishra ordered for a probe into the fire at the NICU of Sishu Bhawan. The District Technical Committee was asked to investigate the incident and submit report within seven days.

Bird flu in Paradip, culling from today

Paradip: After detection of avian influenza in three dead crows in Paradip, Jagatsinghpur district administration has sounded alert in the affected ar...

72% turnout in Bijepur bypoll

Bhubaneswar: An estimated 72% of voters on Saturday exercised their franchise in the by-election to the Bijepur Assembly seat in Odisha that pas...

Bijepur by-poll: Presiding Officer axed for influencing voters

Bhubaneswar: Presiding officer of booth no-193 has been placed under suspension as he was found trying to influence voters to vote in favour of a part...

Naveen meets Kovind, invites him to inaugurate Biju Patnaik museum in Cuttack

Bhubaneswar: Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik today met President Ramnath Kovind in New Delhi and invited him to inaugurate the museum and school at Anan...