State

Fire Spark Scare At Sishu Bhawana:Probe ordered

Cuttack;Nov 29;The Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) of Sishu Bhawan on Sunday caught fire causing heavy damage to the ward.

The fire broke out on Sunday morning due to a short circuit. There were 22 newborns in the NICU but they were immediately shifted to other wards.

An eyewitness said, "While crossing the Sishu Bhawan building, I saw the fire coming out of a window near oxygen tank. Immediately I called for help and shifted new born babies to the old ward."

Meanwhile, Cuttack district collector NC Mishra ordered for a probe into the fire at the NICU of Sishu Bhawan. The District Technical Committee was asked to investigate the incident and submit report within seven days.

Villager trampled to death in Sambalpur

Sambalpur : In another incident of man-animal conflict, a villager was trampled to death by an elephant at Padiabahal in Sambalpur district early...

Phulnakhara-Niali road blocked by Sarpanch, supporters

Bhubaneswar: The traffic on Phulnakhara- Niali state highway was disrupted as local Sarpanch and his supporters blocked the road at Kuranga Sasana dem...

Odisha Reels Under Intense Heat Wave As Monsoon Remains Stagnant

Bhubaneswar: Intense heat wave condition in the past 48 hours has thrown life out of gear across Odisha with mercury breaching the 40 degree Celsius m...

Chilika Boat Capsize: All 6 Missing Bodies Fished Out; CM Announces Rs 4L Ex-Gratia

Khurda/Ganjam: The toll in the boat capsize incident in Chilika Lake which took place Saturday evening has risen to six with recovery of the bodies of...