State

Gas Cylinder Bursts Woman Dead, Three Others Injured

Bhubaneswar; Dec.30: One woman was died and three others of a family were injured after a gas cylinder burst while cooking at OUAT government quarters here around noon today.

Chandramani Nayak, an employee in the State run Agriculture varsity, was injured while his wife died on the spot. Nayak's son-in-law and a neighbour sustained critical burn injuries and were admitted to a private hospital.

The nine-year old daughter of Nayak, who escaped the accident narrowly, said ran out after seeing fire in the kitchen.

Fire officials entered the room only to find the body of woman lying in a semi-burnt condition. They rescued Chandramani and his son-in-law, who sustained severe burns in leg. Nayak's mother escaped as she was in another room during the mishap, the fire officials said.

The fire, probably caught by a gas leak in the cylinder, was so sudden and virulent that no one was able to escape from the house, according to reports.

Water logging throws normal life out of gear in Cuttack

Cuttack: The incessant rains on Sunday night exposed the tall claims of Cuttack Municipal Corporation (CMC) about its preparedness to deal with water ...

India Successfully Test Fires BrahMos Missile From ITR Chandipur

Bhubaneswar: India on Monday successfully test fired supersonic cruise missile BrahMos off the Odisha coast, proving it one of the best all-weather we...

Heavy rain triggers flash floods in Odisha

Bhubaneswar: Flash flood conditions on Monday caused multiple vehicles to be stuck in water, traffic lights to stop working and underpasses to become ...

Five Fake Examinees Held In Rourkela

Rourkela: Police on Sunday arrested five persons for allegedly impersonating as examinees while attending a competitive examination of the Central Ind...