Pathankot/Punjab; Jan.4: All six terrorists, who launched an attack on the Indian Air Force base in Pathankot on Saturday morning, have been killed. Four terrorists had already been neutralised on Sunday evening, following which the security forces launched a massive combing operation to eliminate two more terrorists hiding in the air base.
After the operation ended on the third day, NSG, IAF and Army officers said there were no collateral damage to the strategic Air Force assets.
Earlier in the day, Inspector General NSG Maj General Dushant Singh had said, "Till now, we have eliminated four terrorists and operation to eliminate two more terrorists, possibly is in the final stage of conduct."
Singh, who was flanked by Air officer commanding, Air Commodore J S Damoon and Brigadier Anupinder Singh, had said "the entire operation will continue till all the personnel, assets, structure werere physically combed."
The terrorists were holed up in a double-storeyed building which was the living accommodation of Air Force personnel.
The area of the Air Force base was "very large" where strategic assets of IAF are kept, besides families of IAF personnel and schools are located in it. "It is a mini city," the IAF officer said.
Giving details of the operation, Brigadier Singh said "Currently, the operation is in progress to clear this building from the militants. Our primary aim and concern has been security of air assets. I would like to assure everyone that this would continue to be ensured."
"We have also ensured that there is no collateral damage as well as there are no civilian casualties."