At the age of 15, Sushma Verma completed her Master's degree in Microbiology from Lucknow University.
In a country where girls are discouraged from going to school and college, this young girl from Lucknow became a Master of Science at a tender age of 15.
Sushma's story in brief:
- Sushma got a place in the Limca Book of awards as a young student to clear the class 10 exam at an age of seven
- At the age of 15, she completed her Master's degree in Microbiology from Lucknow University where most of her classmates are eight to nine years older than her
- She cleared the course with flying colours with a grade point average of 8
- Her talent came into light when she recited the Ramayana at a local school function at the age of two
- Sushma's father worked as a sanitation worker in the Lucknow university and her mother is a homemaker
- At 15, she enrolled for a PhD program in Babasaheb Bhimrao Ambedkar University
- Born in a family of genius, her elder brother Shailendra completed her graduation in Computer science at the age of 14 and cleared matriculation when he was nine.