Close shave for couple as moving car catches fire in Sambalpur

News

Sambalpur: A doctor and his wife had a narrow escape today after the car they were travelling in caught fire near Sasana Majhipali in Sambalpur. 

A major accident was avoided when the doctor who was driving the car stopped the vehicle immediately and deserted it along with his wife after spotting smoke coming out of the vehicle's bonnet, sources said.

Soon after they came out of the car, it was engulfed by the flames. The couple was heading towards Jharsuguda from Sambalpur when the mishap occurred on SH-10 near Sasana Majhipali.

On being informed the fire officials rushed to the spot immediately. The car was totally surrounded by flame by the time the fire tenders reached.

The exact reason behind the fire in the moving car is suspected to be caused due to short circuit in the car engine.

More Articles