Jharsuguda: In a tragic incident, an 18-year-old girl of Kheriakani village under Laikera police limits in Jharsuguda district died after her mobile phone exploded while she was talking on Friday afternoon.
According to sources, the victim Uma Oram was having a conversation over her mobile phone while it was also put on charging mode. Suddenly, the mobile battery exploded while she was talking this afternoon.
Even though she was rushed in an unconscious state to the District Headquarters Hospital (DHH), she was declared brought dead by the doctors.
Victim's brother Durga Prasad Oram said Uma wanted to talk to a relative after having lunch. The phone's battery exploded suddenly. As the battery of the mobile phone low, she plugged it for charging while talking over it simultaneously. 'The cell phone of Nokia 3110 model was put on charging when she started talking to a relative. Its battery exploded suddenly. Before we could know what exactly happened, Uma fell unconscious. She was declared dead at the hospital,' he said.
A pall of gloom descended the village after her death news spread. Her family members and locals have demanded adequate compensation from the mobile manufacturing company. This new model of Nokia was launched last year.