Sambalpur: Passengers had a close shave even as a fire erupted in an AC coach of the Samaleswari Express train at Jharsuguda early this morning.
According to reports, an electrical short circuit caused of the fire in the train that was on its way from Howrah to Sambalpur. The AC Coach-II was filled with smokes.
However, the intensity of the fire was very low. While the fire extinguishers installed in the coach were not working, such equipments were brought from the nearby coaches and the fire was extinguished.
Passengers resented that fire safety personnel didn't reach the bogey on time and the train was allowed to run from Jharsuguda to Sambalpur without a proper check.