Babri Masjid Demolition case: Muslim Petitioner refuses to Continue Fight

News

Lucknow, Dec 03: Being upset over the politicisation of the Babri Masjid demolition case, Mohammad Hashim Ansari, one of the main petitioners, does not want to continue fight any more saying, Ram Lalla should be set free.

Just ahead of anniversary of Babri Masjid demolition on December 6, such statement by Ansari, who has been fighting the case since 1959, could surprise many politicians.

Ansari expressed his unhappiness over the politicisation of the case, saying he will not attend ay protest meeting on Dec 6 to mark the anniversary of the event. He said that people, who are gaining benefits by politicising the issue, are living luxury lifestyle, whereas Ram Lalla is living in a tent.

"I want to see Ram Lalla free", said Ansari to media on Tuesday while criticising Uttar Pradesh minister Azam Khan for calling Ram Janmabhoomi a "dead issue". He accused Khan of playing politics over the issue.

He said that Khan should fight the Babri Masjid demolition case not he.

Last month, Khan had termed the Ayodhya issue "almost dead", alleging the BJP of keeping it alive to spread communalism.

Reacting to the statement by Ansari, Zafaryab Jilani, Convenor of Babri Masjid Action Committee, said that the refusal of Ansari would not have mjuch effect on the case.

However, BJP leader Siddharth Nath Singh welcomed Ansari's decision saying that a bigger Ram Mandir should be constructed at the site and this is the appropriate time to have dialogues between two communities.

More Articles