Around 2000 people Feared Killed in Attack by Boko Haram in Nigeria

Johannesburg, Jan 10: The recent deadliest massacre carried out by Boko Haram in the Nigerian town of Baga has reportedly left up to 2,000 people dead.

According to News 24, residents say the victims are children, women and elderly people who could not run fast enough when insurgents on 3 January drove into Baga firing rocket-propelled grenades and assault rifles on town residents and seizing a key military base on the border with Chad.

Calling the massacre a bloody and disturbing escalation of Boko Haram's ongoing onslaught against the civilian population, Amnesty International said on Friday that there were reports that the town was brought down completely by the militants and as many as 2000 people were killed in the attack.

It is reported that more than 10,000 people have been killed up to last year following the five-year insurgency of Boko Haram.


Trump slams Clinton for her remarks on his voters

Washington: US President Donald Trump has slammed Hillary Clinton for her controversial remarks in India against his voters, saying Democrats have los...

Empowered Xi Jinping Says China Ready To Fight 'Bloody Battle'

Beijing: President Xi Jinping delivered a blistering nationalist speech on Tuesday, warning against any attempts to split China and touting the countr...

Defiant Shinzo Abe hits back over scandal as support plunges

Tokyo: Japan's embattled prime minister hit back at critics over a favoritism and cover-up scandal that has seen his popularity plunge and loosened hi...

Drone strike kills 6 IS terrorists in Afghanistan

Kabul: At least six terrorists belonging to the Islamic State (IS) group have been killed in the latest drone strike in eastern Nangarhar province of ...