State

Odisha Govt to form SPV for Timely Completion of Railway Projects

Bhubaneswar, Jan 17: The Odisha government has welcomed the special purpose vehicle (SPV) proposal given by the Centre accepting it for timely completion of railway projects in the state.

The state government will work as per the proposal given by the Union Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu, said the Commerce and Transport department of Odisha.

As per the proposal, the Odisha and Centre will have joint venture project in which the state will acquire 51% share and the rest 49% will be of the Centre. The proposed SPV will be for the expansion of the railway network across the state. This will conduct surveys in the backward districts, industrial and mines areas.

Minister Pratap Jena to visit Jaga-Kalia tomorrow with a medical team from Odisha

Bhubaneswar: Pratap Jena, Minister, Health & Family Welfare, Law, I&PR, Odisha will visit New Delhi AIIMS tomorrow to have discussions with th...

Puri SP assures action against eve teasers of actress Mahika Sharma

Puri: The Puri SP on Thursday asked Mumbai based TV actress Mahika Sharma for details of the ordeal she faced during her visit to Puri following her c...

Baijayant Panda

Bhubaneswar: Lok Sabha Speaker Sumitra Mahajan today informed that former Kendrapara MP Baijayant Panda's resignation from the Lower House was accepte...

Minor Girl Commits Suicide Over Family Disturbance

Cuttack: A minor girl was found hanging from the ceiling of her house under Tangi police limits in the district late last night.The family belonged to...