New Delhi: Taxing nine-to-five jobs, long hours in front of a computer screen, uneven sleeping patterns and diet issues sum up the lives of most corporate employees.
To lead a healthy and fit life, they should keep water handy; carry home cooked food and more.
There are some important tips for corporate employees to maintain a healthy life:
• Carry a water bottle wherever you go: Keeping water handy is a good idea. Sometimes, if you are working, you will just forget to drink water for a long period of time.Also, you should sip on water or a fruit-based drink.
• Home-cooked food: Nothing substitutes a nutritious salad or a wholesome meal from home. It is best if you eat home-cooked dal chawal. If you happen to stay away from your family or if you are too busy to pack your lunch, there are a good number of start-ups delivering home-cooked food and fresh salads. Try using the services of such startups instead of ordering from fast food joints, which do you no good.
• Do not go too hard on yourself: Your client can wait for a few minutes. Close your eyes and relax for two minutes for every hour. This clears your mind and keeps you active.
• Refrain from straining your back: Yes, it is enjoyable to sit on that comfortable office chair with your back reclined in odd postures, but it does actual damage to your spine and it is high time that you start sitting in proper postures. Be sure the back is aligned against the back of the office chair. Avoid slouching or leaning forward.
• Sleep pays off: Believe it or not, but getting even 30 minutes less sleep than your body requirement can have short and long-term consequences on health, mood and performance. It is good to maintain a regular sleep schedule, with at least eight hours of sleep every day, even on the weekends.
• Kick the caffeine habit: It is a well-known fact that caffeine interferes with your sleep.Avoid tea, coffee and soft drinks close to bedtime. Instead, go for a glass of fresh juice in the morning and a cup of green tea in the evening.