State

fire broke out at RMRC

Bhubaneswar,July 11: A fire broke out at the Mosquito Research Centre at the Regional Medical Research Centre (RMRC) in Bhubaneswar on Friday. 

Short circuit is suspected to be the source of fire, which gutted expensive DNA sequencer machine in the centre. Moreover, documents and 3 computers were destroyed by the fire.
 
The fire was detected after thick cloud of smoke emerged from the centre.

The Chandrasekharpur fire brigade team arrived at the centre and brought the fire under control.

Meanwhile, RMRC authorities have launched an departmental inquiry into the incident.

Indefinite Private Bus Strike In Odisha From March 14

Bhubaneswar: The private bus operators have decided to go on state-wide indefinite strike from March 14 to press for their longstanding demands.Addres...

Encounter in Ganjam: 1 injured, two others held

Berhampur: In another encounter of Ganjam police, a hardcore criminal was critically injured and nabbed along with his two aides early this morning.Ac...

Rourkela hospital fire mishap: Injured newborn dies

Bhubaneswar: The six-day-old infant, who had received burn injuries in a fire mishap that occurred in a private hospital in Rourkela on February 16 ni...

Money seizure row: Police raid Bargarh BJP Yuva Morcha president's house

Bargarh: Police today raided house of district BJP Yuva Morcha president Pritish Bahidar in connection with seizure of Rs 40.50 lakh at Mahulpali chha...