29 people charged over suicide bombing in Shiite mosque

Kuwait,July 15: At least 29 people were charged on Tuesday over the suicide bombing of a 

Shiite mosque last month, claimed by the Islamic State group. 

The bomb had killed 26 people and injured more than 200.The attack, carried out by a Saudi, 

was the worst in Kuwait's history. The official sources said that those charged included seven 

Kuwaitis, five Saudis, three Pakistanis, 13 stateless people known as bidoons, and another 

person at large. 

Out of them, 24 are detained in Kuwait and the remaining five will be tried in absentia. An 

IS-affiliated group calling itself Najd Province claimed the bombing and also said it carried out 

suicide attacks at two Shiite mosques in Saudi Arabia in May. IS considers Shiites to be 

heretics and has targeted them across the region. 

Maldives, fast becoming a pawn in the new Great Game

Washington: One after the other, the countries around India are falling prey to China's predatory economics.After Pakistan and Sri Lanka, Maldives has...

Trump slams Clinton for her remarks on his voters

Washington: US President Donald Trump has slammed Hillary Clinton for her controversial remarks in India against his voters, saying Democrats have los...

Empowered Xi Jinping Says China Ready To Fight 'Bloody Battle'

Beijing: President Xi Jinping delivered a blistering nationalist speech on Tuesday, warning against any attempts to split China and touting the countr...

Defiant Shinzo Abe hits back over scandal as support plunges

Tokyo: Japan's embattled prime minister hit back at critics over a favoritism and cover-up scandal that has seen his popularity plunge and loosened hi...