Bhubaneswar,August 11: Odisha High Court Bar Association on Monday decided to continue with cease work strike till Aug 14 over SP Satish Gajbhiye controversy.
The Bar Association made a resolution to continue their ceasework protest against the police brutality in Kendrapada.
The lawyers and the oppositions demanded to take action against Former Kendrapada Superintendent of Police (SP) Satish Gajbhiye has been suspended and arrested for attacking the innocent protesters .
Bar Association also demanded judicial probe in to this scandal. Bar Association also appeal all bars in the state to join with them.
The decision to continue with the agitation till August 14 was taken on Monday evening after going through the report of the High Court Bar Association fact-finding team on the police assault on Kendrapara Bar Association president Duryodhan Sahu. The apex lawyers' body has urged the bars to intensify their stir.
Nearly one lakh advocates from 154 bar associations across the state abstained from work and staged demonstrations on Monday demanding the immediate suspension and arrest of former Kendrapara SP Satish Gajbhiye.
A five-member team led by the High Court Bar Association president Dr Ashok Mohapatra visited Kendrapara on Monday to gather facts from the local bar.
"We condemn the brutal attack of the police in Kendrapara.We condemn in particular the action of the former SP of the district, who behaved in the most barbaric manner while handling the Kendrapara situation last week," said High Court Bar Association secretary Bijay Kumar Ragada. He said the lawyers would continue to agitate until stringent action was taken against the erring IPS officer.
Ragad said the Kendrapara Bar Association has decided to file two FIRs against Gajbhiye, who was has been shunted out of the district and dumped as officer without duty in the police headquarters