Coal scam: Awaiting MoC's comments on closure report, says CVC

News

New delhi,November 16: Central Vigilance Commission (CVC) today told a special court that they have not yet received comments from Ministry of Coal (MoC) on a CBI report seeking closure of a coal block allocation case allegedly involving Prakash Industries Ltd (PIL) and others.

The advocate representing CVC said they have sought MoC's comments on the issue, but the ministry has not communicated to them so far.

To this, Special CBI Judge Bharat Parashar said, "when you (CVC) know all the facts, then why are you asking from MoC." 

Responding to the court's query, the counsel said, "this is a practice." He also sought some time to file the report before the court.

"It has been submitted by the counsel that CVC has sought comments from the Ministry of Coal before submitting its view but the said comments have not been received from the MoC. The counsel seeks some more time," the court noted in its order.

During the hearing, the court expressed displeasure over the fact that neither the concerned officer from the CVC, nor the CBI's investigating officer (IO) were present before it.

"The concerned officer from the CVC and IO are directed to be present on the next date of hearing. Put up for December 22," the court said.

The court had earlier asked the CVC to clarify its stand on the CBI's closure report in the case in which an FIR was lodged on the basis of CVC's reference.

An FIR was lodged against PIL and others in connection with alleged irregularities in the allocation of Chhattisgarh's Fatehpur coal block.

More Articles